This review examines research findings in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis in light of the current debate about this chronic multiple-symptom, multiorgan, multisystem illness and the conflicting views in medicine. These issues cannot be separated from the political opinions and assertions that conflict with science and medicine, and will be part of this review as they have enormous consequences for scientific and medical research, patients, clinicians, carers and policy makers.
- CBT, cognitive-behavioural therapy
- CFS, chronic fatigue syndrome
- GET, graded exercise therapy
- ME myalgic encephalomyelitis,
- ME/CFS, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome
- WHO, World Health Organization
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.