Legislative changes
Compose Response

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Author Information
First or given name, e.g. 'Peter'.
Your last, or family, name, e.g. 'MacMoody'.
Your email address, e.g.
Your role and/or occupation, e.g. 'Orthopedic Surgeon'.
Your organization or institution (if applicable), e.g. 'Royal Free Hospital'.
Statement of Competing Interests


  • Responses are moderated before posting and publication is at the absolute discretion of BMJ, however they are not peer-reviewed
  • Once published, you will not have the right to remove or edit your response. Removal or editing of responses is at BMJ's absolute discretion
  • If patients could recognise themselves, or anyone else could recognise a patient from your description, please obtain the patient's written consent to publication and send them to the editorial office before submitting your response [Patient consent forms]
  • By submitting this response you are agreeing to our full [Response terms and requirements]

Vertical Tabs

Other responses

Jump to comment:

  • Published on:
    Specialist Registrar

    Dr Tandon: You should contact the RCPath directly and get a ruling pertinent to your qualifications and experience.

    Professor Runjan Chetty
    Editor, The Journal of Clinical Pathology

    Conflict of Interest:
    None declared.
  • Published on:
    SpR in histopathology

    Dear Editor,

    I gather from the article that an overseas graduate with an experience in Pathology can directly apply for SpR post, but the rcpath website says it is not so for histopathology. I would like to know if an overseas graduate with an experience in Pathology equivalent to the award of CCST can directly get into SpR post?

    Conflict of Interest:
    None declared.