JCP 70th anniversary
2017 marked the 70th anniversary of Journal of Clinical Pathology. To celebrate this milestone, the editorial team reflected on the contributions that the journal has made to the field of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- 70 years of the Journal of Clinical Pathology: Quo vadis?
- The Journal of Clinical Pathology at 70: Who’s citing who? Where has the journal been cited?
- 70 years of the JCP-highly cited papers: Proposals for the classification of chronic (mature) B and T lymphoid leukaemias
- 70 years of the JCP-highly cited papers: The causal relation between human papillomavirus and cervical cancer
Content with impact
JCP remains one of the leading multidisciplinary pathology journals, with an Impact Factor of 2.687. The most highly cited recent articles from the journal are:
- Mechanisms and therapeutic effectiveness of lactobacilli (open access)
- Tertiary lymphoid structures: prognostic significance and relationship with tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes in triple-negative breast cancer
- Long non-coding RNA chromogenic in situ hybridisation signal pattern correlation with breast tumour pathology
- Denosumab treated giant cell tumour of bone: a morphological, immunohistochemical and molecular analysis of a series
- High Ki67 expression is an independent good prognostic marker in colorectal cancer (open access)
- Multicentre validation of a microRNA-based assay for diagnosing indeterminate thyroid nodules utilising fine needle aspirate smears (open access)
- DNA hypermethylation analysis in sputum of asymptomatic subjects at risk for lung cancer participating in the NELSON trial: argument for maximum screening interval of 2 years
- Laboratory assessment of vitamin B-12 status (free)
- Review of the national external quality assessment (EQA) scheme for breast pathology in the UK
- EGFR mutation detection on lung cancer cytological specimens by the novel fully automated PCR-based Idylla EGFR Mutation Assay
90th anniversary of the Association of Clinical Pathologists
JCP is the official journal of the ACP, which also had a significant birthday as 2017 marked the 90th anniversary of the founding of the organisation.